Join our team
The Sydney Anxiety Clinic is a warm and friendly clinical psychology practice in Bondi Junction. We provide leading-edge, evidence-based treatment for anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, perinatal anxiety and other emotional and behavioural difficulties for adults, children and adolescents. We provide individual, couples, family and group therapy.
Our practice has a strong referral base and range of clinical presentations. We're well respected in the community as a practice that offers a high standard of clinical care and professionalism and effective treatment for individuals and groups of all ages. Our rooms are purpose built with natural light and spanning views. We are an easy walk from the Bondi Junction bus/train interchange and adjacent to Westfield.
We are seeking a Clinical Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist Registrar with a passion for offering best practice treatment for anxiety, mood or behavioural challenges in adults, children and adolescents. We also welcome candidates with other specific interest areas and the freedom to choose your preferred evidence-based modalities. The hours and days are flexible due to the current expansion of the rooms.
This position would suit either an experienced clinician who loves the idea of working as a contractor in a warm and collegial team environment, or an early career psychologist wishing to commence private practice as part of a well-supported team. We are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic and friendly, with a strong work ethic and willingness to contribute to the team.
Our clinicians are supported by a highly dedicated administrative team who undertake all invoicing, receipting and confirming. Our practice has a culture of mutual support, respect and continual learning. We have an open-door policy, provide monthly peer supervision and access to a large range of clinical resources.
- Completion of a Masters or Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology
- AHPRA registration with endorsement in clinical psychology (or eligibility within the next 18 months)
- Strong CBT skills and experience with other therapeutic modalities (such as DBT, ACT, Schema Therapy, Play Therapy or Narrative Therapy)
- Experience working with children and/or adolescents
- Eligibility for registration with Medicare to provide focused psychological strategies
- Ability to provide some after-hours appointments
- Strong foundation in CBT with established skills in other therapeutic modalities such as DBT, ACT, Schema or Narrative Therapy
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Strong assessment and formulation skills
- Outstanding attention to detail, written, oral and record keeping skills
- Commitment to professional development